Washington DC Medical Marijuana Card
WASHINGTON DC Amendment Act B18-622 “Legalization of Marijuana for Medical Treatment Amendment Act of 2010” – Approved 13-0 by the Council of the District of Columbia on May 4, 2010; was signed by the Mayor on May 21, 2010. After it was signed by the Mayor the law underwent a 30-day Congressional review period. Neither the Senate nor the House acted to stop the law, so it became effective when the review period ended immediately.
The legal Medical Marijuana Program in Washington DC allows legal medical marijuana patients to receive a marijuana recommendation from a certified physician, and apply for a State-issued District of Columbia Medical Marijuana ID Card.
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA PROGRAM AND CONTACT DETAILS
Department of Health, Medical Marijuana Program
899 N. Capitol Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002
The District of Columbia Marijuana Registry is mandatory, and does NOT accept other state’s registry cards for purchase at in-state dispensaries. Washington DC has received over thousands of recommendations and is continually growing. In order to become a legal medical marijuana patient you must have a qualifying condition as outlined by the department of health services and/or department of justice.
Qualifying for Medicinal Marijuana in District of Columbia
The process for getting Medical Marijuana can be done via the following two steps: (1) Obtain a recommendation from a registered physician recommending you for medical marijuana, (2) Submitting your application to the Department of health for your medical marijuana card.
Some key things to note:
- You must be a resident of the District of Columbia
- You must be able to show two proofs of residency within the district
- You must be diagnosed with a qualifying medical condition or be currently undergoing a qualifying medical treatment
- You must obtain an authenticated, written recommendation from a physician licensed in the state of Washington, DC
- You must register with DC’s Department of Health, upon which you will receive a medical marijuana card
MetroXMD will assist you with obtaining all of above and completing the whole process from start to finish, making getting your card as easy as can be!
Medical Qualifications for MEDICAL MARIJUANA IN DC
Patients in District of Columbia diagnosed with one of the following or fall into the general category:
- Chronic pain
- Severe, debilitating, or life-threatening medical conditions
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Any other condition, as determined by rulemaking that is, chronic or long-lasting;
- Patients may also qualify by undergoing any of the following medical treatments: chemotherapy;radiotherapy; the use of azidothymidine or protease inhibitors; or any other treatment as determined by rulemaking, whose side effects require treatment through the administration of medical marijuana in the same manner as a qualifying medical condition.
MetroXMD will assist you with obtaining all of above and completing the whole process from start to finish, making getting your card as easy as can be! Click on “Get Your Card” to get started. If you have questions then please call us, email us, or chat with us now, we are eager to talk!